Held every three years, this important forum brings together laboratory managers from INTERPOL countries across the world.
It presents advances in scientific methods and suggests ways to apply them in criminal investigations.
- Date: 08-10 October 2019
- Location: INTERPOL General Secretariat, Lyon, France
The symposium lasts three days and includes different types of sessions, for example:
- The review of scientific papers;
- Poster presentations;
- Thematic workshops;
- Panel discussions and question and answer sessions.
Bringing together specialists from INTERPOL member countries across the world, the symposium facilitates the following activities:
- Exchanging information to enhance scientific contributions in criminal investigation and the administration of justice;
- Presenting updates made in forensic evidence types over the previous three years;
- Discussing current problems and proposing possible solutions;
- Identifying trends and their potential impact on forensic science.
Selected laboratories coordinate the symposium, overseen by an Organizing Committee. The laboratories have internationally recognized competence and carry out the following functions:
- Reviewing progress and trends of evidence types;
- Preparing overview documents;
- Presenting the key issues for review.
If you would like to find out more about the next symposium please contact your INTERPOL National Central Bureau (NCB).