Case name: The woman with the bracelet
Case code: 2023-NL05
- Date of death (estimated): 12 January 1995
- Date of discovery: 13 January 1995
- Location: The Netherlands: In a creek near the apartment complex Uilenstede in Amstelveen.
- Sex: Female
- Estimated year of birth: 1960 - 1975
- Estimated age: Between 20 and 35 years old
- Height: 163 -171 cm
- Skin tone: Light-skinned
- Hair colour: Probably dark brown
- Eye colour: Unknown
- Clothing: None
- Tattoos, birth marks, scars: The victim had two noticeable scars on her right arm - one on the upper arm from the smallpox vaccination, and one on the elbow - and a scar on her left thigh. She had several distinctive moles; these were on her back, the left side of her right nipple, under her left breast, two on her left side, and one above the right buttock.
- Jewellery: A bracelet
On Friday 13 January 1995, a passer-by saw a plastic package floating in the water and called the police. The package turned out to contain part of the body of a woman, wrapped in a sheet. Her head, lower legs and one arm were not found. The police investigated the case but has not been able to establish the woman’s identity.
The woman was probably a heavy smoker, as she had strong nicotine stains on her right hand. She had very short nails, and may have been a nailbiter. The victim had two noticeable scars on her right arm: one on the upper arm from the smallpox vaccination, and one on the elbow. She had several distinctive moles on her upper body. It is possible that the bracelet worn by the victim offers important clues for establishing her identity.
If you have any information regarding the possible identity of this person, please contact the Dutch national police via the form below.
You can also contact them and view this case on their national police website.