In 2017, INTERPOL began a process to accredit training programmes that support international law enforcement cooperation, be they traditional classroom-based courses or online.
A rigorous evaluation process
Training programmes are subjected to tough scrutiny at each stage of the process: needs analysis, programme design, development, delivery and final evaluation. We are assisted in this by a trusted external partner. Training courses receive an official INTERPOL Accreditation Certificate which is valid for four years.
Accredited courses include:
- Evacuation Challenges for Major International Sporting Events
- Sport Security Senior Management Training Course
Both of these are run by the National Center for Spectator Sports Safety and Security at the University of Southern Mississippi, USA.
Any training institution wishing to apply for accreditation should contact us using the Contact form.
The value of accreditation
INTERPOL training accreditation aims to:
- Intensify cooperation with police training entities and promote consistency in law enforcement training standards internationally;
- Enhance the confidence of the public, donors and stakeholders in the integrity, professionalism and efficiency of law enforcement training;
- Provide added recognition to organizations with training courses or programmes that meet INTERPOL training standards.
Coming soon: the INTERPOL Global Academy
In 2019, INTERPOL will be launching the INTERPOL Global Academy, a network of trusted partner regional training organizations. Through a coordinated approach, based on quality standards and best practices, this will enhance law enforcement training initiatives in the regions, expanding our training audience and better equipping member countries to deal with transnational crime threats.