By bringing together experts from a wide range of backgrounds, the INTERPOL Innovation Centre develops contemporary, creative solutions to challenges in policing.
We facilitate thought leadership and connect law enforcement, academia and private sector partners to exchange knowledge and explore new technologies and emerging cyber threats.
The work of the Innovation Centre is split into four thematic labs:
- Adaptive Policing Lab - identifies and assesses technical innovations that are relevant for law enforcement agencies;
- Cyberspace and New Technologies Lab - assesses key ways to disrupt, predict and investigate emerging threats in the cyberspace;
- Digital Forensics Lab - provides operational assistance in digital forensic investigations including mobile devices, unmanned aerial systems and shipborne equipment on seized vessels;
- Futures and Foresight Lab - identifies and analyzes global developments in technology, strategy, and policy.
Through these labs, the Centre supports police in addressing emerging technology-enabled threats and challenges. By promoting close analysis and research, the Centre also highlights potential trends and phenomena, which may affect law enforcement work.
The Innovation Centre is based in the INTERPOL Global Complex for Innovation in Singapore. Its activities are grouped into four main clusters:
- Networking and knowledge exchange on best practices, latest technologies, tools, methodologies, and developments in law enforcement;
- Standard setting, guidance and publications - assists member countries in assessing emerging trends and maintaining state-of-the-art laboratories;
- Support in building capabilities - delivering relevant training material and harmonizing content;
- Operational support – equipping law enforcement agencies with the tools and knowledge to fight against transnational crime.