Case name: The body in the bog
Case code: 2023-DE01
- Date of death (estimated): June 2000 – June 2001
- Date of discovery: 14 October 2001
- Location: Germany: In the bog area 'Worringer Bruch' in Cologne-Worringen near Cologne
- Sex: Female
- Estimated year of birth: 1970 - 1981
- Estimated age: Between 20 and 30 years old
- Height: 160 - 170 cm
- Skin tone: Presumably a dark complexion, although this cannot be established with certainty
- Hair colour: Probably black hair
- Eye colour: Unknown
- Clothing: The woman wore a purple-aubergine-colored quilted jacket with a honeycomb pattern and stand-up collar, size 46, brand 'Wudipas'. The trousers were presumably beige to light blue and made of cotton, jeans-like, size 36, brand 'Together'. The underpants were a size 40/42 and from the brand 'Linda Clifford'. She wore black women's leather shoes with a silver metal buckle, size 38, make 'Graceland'.
- Tattoos, birth marks, scars: Scars, tattoos not determinable
- Jewellery: A silver bracelet with petrol-colored stones was found near the dead body.
On 14 October 2001, a mushroom picker found the dead body of a woman in the bog area 'Worringer Bruch' in Cologne-Worringen. The body had been there for at least four months, but possibly even for four years. It was no longer possible to establish the cause of death; a crime could not be ruled out. Her identity has always remained a mystery.
Experts reconstructed the woman's face in April 2002. The reconstruction gives an idea of how the woman might have looked. It is assumed that the woman was of mixed descent, partly African, possibly Mongolian. She had curly black hair. Noticeably, her teeth were in very good condition.
In a back pocket, the woman carried seven cotton swabs with her. She also carried a few German banknotes with her. The jewellery is also striking. It was found near the place where the body was found and might give a clue to who this young woman might be.
If you have any information regarding the possible identity of this person, please contact the German national police via the form below.
You can also contact them and view this case on their national police website.
If you have any information regarding the possible identity of this person, please contact the national police.