Case name: The woman in the park
Case code: 2023-BEL07
- Date of death (estimated): Between March and August 2019
- Date of discovery: 29 August 2019
- Location: Belgium: Parc de Cointe, Boulevard Gustave Kleyer, Liège.
- Sex: Female
- Estimated year of birth: Between 1974 and 1984
- Estimated age: Between 35 and 45
- Height: 157 cm
- Skin tone: Very dark skin tone
- Hair colour: Dark (black), long, braided hair
- Eye colour: Undetermined
- Clothing: The woman was wearing a jacket with a monogram on the buttons with the letters ‘HCC’, with the Cs intertwined. It could be that the buttons are from the French navy. The sleeve of a garment had 5 braided ropes.
- Tattoos, birth marks, scars: Undetermined
- Jewellery: None
The city of Liège is located in Belgium, not far from the border with the Netherlands. In the south of Liège is the Parc de Cointe, a public park. On 29 August 2019, a passer-by discovered the partially charred skeleton of a woman in the vegetation next to the pathway. Her identity is still unknown.
A two-dimensional facial reconstruction of the victim was made. It shows what the woman may have looked like during her lifetime.
She was between the ages of 35 and 45, about 1m57 tall and had a very dark complexion. She is presumed to be of African descent. Her long black hair was braided and her teeth were in good condition.
At the time of discovery, she was wearing a jacket with a monogram on the buttons with the letters ‘HCC’, with the Cs intertwined. It could be that the buttons are from the French navy. The sleeve had 5 braided ropes.
If you have any information regarding the possible identity of this person, please contact the Belgian national police via the form below.
You can also contact them and view this case on their national police website.
If you have any information regarding the possible identity of this person, please contact the national police.