Case name: Teteringen Girl
Case code: 2023-NL02
- Date of death (estimated): December 1990
- Date of discovery: 25 December 1990
- Location: The Netherlands: Near Galgestraat and the Cadettenkamp area in Teteringen
- Sex: Female
- Estimated year of birth: 1965 - 1975
- Estimated age: Between 15 and 25 years old
- Height: 163 cm
- Skin tone: Olive skin
- Hair colour: Probably very dark grey-brown hair, nearly black, with colour change to mid-brown or auburn near the top
- Eye colour: Unknown
- Clothing: The victim was dressed in a red turtleneck sweater of the brand "Carine" and burgundy red corduroy trousers (brand unknown). The victim was not wearing shoes, socks or underwear.
- Tattoos, birth marks, scars: Unknown
- Jewellery: None found
On 25 December 1990, the body of a young woman was found in the woods in Teteringen, near Breda, in the Netherlands. Her identity was never established. However, it is clear that she was killed and had probably been neglected and abused before her death. The body was found close to the A27 motorway near Breda, less than a 30-minute drive from the Belgian border.
For at least five years before her death, the victim probably lived in the Netherlands or a similar country (most likely in central Europe, such as Belgium, Luxembourg, France or Germany).
Based on photos of the victim and technical information from police experts, a drawing was made showing what the girl or woman would have looked like when she was still alive. When the victim was found she had short hair, but it is possible that she had previously had longer hair. When she was found, she was very thin and emaciated.
The body was wrapped in several rugs and blankets.
If you have any information regarding the possible identity of this person, please contact the Dutch national police via the form below.
You can also contact them and view this case on their national police website.