Asie et Pacifique Sud
Corée (Rép. de)
- INTERPOL Seoul
Member since :
30 septembre 1964
Corée (Rép. de)
“A reliable police force maintains a healthy society”
Headed by a Deputy Commissioner General, Korea’s National Police Agency (NPA) is made up of 28 divisions each with specific Force responsibilities. The Ministry of Government and Home Affairs comprises a Police Committee which oversees the police administration as a whole, making sure it remains neutral and democratic at all times.
- Guarantee a safe environment as it relates to crime and accidents;
- Ensure social stability;
- Guarantee respect of human rights in supporting people’s rights and interests;
- Delivery of security services which meet the needs of the people;
- Contribute towards a healthy and active Korean culture;
- Build the capacity to respond to an ever-evolving security environment.
In addition to daily law enforcement services, the NPA is also responsible for:
- The Korean National Police University;
- Police Training Institute;
- National Central Police Academy;
- Police Investigations Training Centre;
- National Police Hospital;
- Driver’s License Agency;
- Institute of Scientific Investigation (currently being transferred from the Ministry of Government).
Headed by a Superintendent General, the INTERPOL National Central Bureau (NCB) for Korea is part of the NPA Headquarters Foreign Affairs Bureau. Made up of 10 staff members (specialized police and technical staff), INTERPOL Seoul facilitates the exchange of confidential police data between domestic police and the INTERPOL community using INTERPOL’s secure global police communications network I-24/7.
- Fugitive investigations;
- Financial and cybercrime;
- Public safety and terrorism;
- Drugs and organized crime.
La vente en ligne de faux médicaments et de produits de contrefaçon ciblée par une opération d’INTERPOL
L’arrestation par les autorités coréennes d’un individu visé par une notice rouge INTERPOL porte un coup sévère à la criminalité organisée chinoise
- 68th INTERPOL General Assembly - 8-12 November 1999 - Seoul