Asia y Pacífico Sur
- INTERPOL Ashgabat
Member since :
19 de septiembre de 2005
Law enforcement in Turkmenistan
The Turkmenistan Ministry of Internal Affairs is in charge of national law enforcement services, including the national police force.
The principal missions of the Turkmenistan Police comprise:
- Maintaining law and order and public security;
- Crime prevention, detection and investigation;
- Protection of people and property;
- Road and fire safety;
- Passport control;
- Law enforcement training;
- International police co-operation.
The INTERPOL National Central Bureau (NCB) for Turkmenistan is part of Turkmenistan’s Ministry of Internal Affairs. It consists of two units:
- Department 1: communications, information exchange and analysis;
- Department 2: investigation and search operations.
NCB activities are focused essentially around the search for international fugitives and missing people.