- INTERPOL Budapest
Member since :
7 September 1923
Law enforcement services in Hungary are provided by two principal agencies:
- National Police, which includes the border police (Ministry of Interior);
- National Tax and Customs Office (Ministry of National Economy).
Hungary’s national police headquarters are located in the 13th District of the capital, in a prominent glass building called “The Police Palace”.
The INTERPOL National Central Bureau (NCB) for Hungary is part of the International Law Enforcement Cooperation Centre (ILECC). Sitting structurally in the criminal investigation branch of the national police force, ILECC has nationwide jurisdiction for international criminal cooperation matters.
ILECC is the dedicated criminal branch authorised to take urgent police action for all transnational criminal matters relating to Hungary. Operational 24/7, ILECC
- processes information requests;
- liaises with national investigation authorities;
- liaises with international law enforcement partners;
- liaises with international organisations;
- contributes to the identification of dead bodies;
- contributes to the location of internationally missing persons.
INTERPOL Budapest is staffed by 20 case officers and a liaison officer from the Hungarian Customs.
NCB activities focus around the following crime areas:
- Stolen motor vehicles;
- Stolen works of art;
- Financial crime;
- Drug related crimes;
- Customs cases.
Case officers work in English, French, Spanish and German, Italian, Romanian and Russian.
INTERPOL radiological and nuclear investigations training course in Poland seeks to boost common action plan
Red Notices 59
BENEDIKT Age today: 34 years old
Nationality: Germany , Hungary
JAMES GERALD Age today: 45 years old
Nationality: United states
Yellow Notices 10
JOZSEF Age today: 56 years old
ENDRENE Age today: 39 years old
- 42nd European Regional Conference – 14-16 May 2013 - Budapest
- 70th INTERPOL General Assembly - 24th to 28th September 2001 - Budapest