Fighting terrorism and transnational crime through effective border management.
Ensuring global border security requires INTERPOL to maintain close coordination with a wide range of stakeholders across many different sectors, working together to improve data-sharing capabilities and border management expertise in the field.
Among our partners are:
- Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada (DFATD)
- European Union (EU)
- Frontex, the European border control agency.
- International Air Transport Association (IATA)
- International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO)
- International Organization for Migration (IOM)
- United Nations Office of Drugs and Crime (UNODC)
- World Customs Organization (WCO)
The I-Checkit pilot project allows selected partners in the travel, tourism and banking industries to send customer passport data to be screened against INTERPOL’s Stolen and Lost Travel Documents Database, in order to detect possible criminal activity.
The project will continue to undergo testing and evaluation with a view to being adopted as one of INTERPOL’s core operational services.