- INTERPOL Sofia
Member since :
Law enforcement services in Bulgaria are provided by several different departments of the Ministry of Interior.
Criminal Police General Directorate
Headed by a Chief Commissar, the Criminal Police General Directorate has the role of the national police force, carrying out its duties as an independent Ministerial body, in cooperation with other state bodies, organizations and citizens.
- Prevent, detect and investigate crime;
- Search for fugitives;
- Formally identify people;
- Tackle cross-border crime and networks;
- Fight illegal migration and trafficking in human beings;
- Prevent terrorism.
Security Police General Directorate
- Maintain public law and order;
- Protect public property and strategic sites;
- Secure major events;
- Riot control;
- Traffic control, vehicle administration and accident management;
- Dangerous substance control;
- VIP protection.
Border Police General Directorate
The Ministry of Interior in also in charge of the Border Police General Directorate, a specialized security and investigative force in charge of border security and control.
- Protect state borders;
- Control migration in and out of national borders;
- Enforce laws and regulations for the admission of foreign-born persons to Bulgaria;
- Control illegal immigration;
- Detect, apprehend, and deter smugglers of human beings, drugs and other contraband.
Another department of the Ministry of Interior, the INTERPOL National Central Bureau (NCB) for Bulgaria is part of its International Operational Cooperation Department (IOCD).
Its priority crime areas include:
- Maritime piracy;
- Trafficking in human beings;
- Stolen motor vehicle crime;
- Money laundering;
- High-tech crime.
INTERPOL chief commends Bulgaria on the work of its police in fighting transnational organized crime
INTERPOL deploying team to assist Bulgarian investigation into suicide terrorist bomb attack on Israeli tour bus
Red Notices 75
MAHMUD Age today: 42 years old
VESELIN KOSTADINOV Age today: 50 years old
Yellow Notices 159
ALIA KAMAL Age today: 3 years old
AMIRA KAMAL Age today: 3 years old
- 36th European Regional Conference - 2007 - Varna