2nd INTERPOL Environmental Compliance and Enforcement Events
Singapore, 16-18 November 2015
We were pleased to welcome executive leaders and senior representatives in environmental security and law enforcement from around the world to these events. Together, we can promote joint action against the most pressing crime issues that threaten the environment today.
2nd INTERPOL–UNEP International Environmental Compliance and Enforcement Conference
This conference was open to executive level representatives of non-governmental organizations and the private sector.
Key topics on the conference agenda included:
- Sustainable development goals and effective environmental compliance and enforcement: building and strengthening institutions;
- International cooperation on climate legislation: enhancing enforcement capabilities;
- Vibrant networks and capacity development;
- Wildlife and forests;
- Waste management vulnerabilities and law enforcement interventions;
- Fisheries crime;
- Investigations and intelligence.
2nd Meeting of the INTERPOL Environmental Compliance and Enforcement Committee
The Committee meeting was a closed event. It included elections for the Advisory Board of the INTERPOL Environmental Compliance and Enforcement Committee.
- Election Procedures for the Advisory Board of the ECEC
- Terms of Reference of the INTERPOL Environmental Crime Working Party