- INTERPOL Beograd
Member since :
24 septembre 2001
The Ministry of Internal Affairs (MIA) of Serbia is responsible for all law enforcement services, with numerous municipal and district branches throughout Serbia. Its core responsibilities include crime prevention, counter-terrorism, anti-corruption, drugs and disaster relief. The Ministry is also responsible for issuing national identity documents.
General Police Directorate
The MIA’s General Police Directorate has the function of police headquarters and is headed by a Police Director. It operates with the strength of 45,000 officers and 15 organizational units which address different forms of organized and transnational crime.
Some of the operational units which make up the Ministry's General Police Directorate include:
- Criminal Police Department;
- Department of Police;
- Security Department;
- Traffic Police Department;
- Border Police Department;
- Operations Centre;
- Special Antiterrorist Unit;
- Helicopter Unit;
- District Units.
As part of the Criminal Police Department’s Division for International Police Cooperation, the INTERPOL National Central Bureau (NCB) for Serbia is the exclusive platform for Serbian investigations requiring assistance and information from abroad. It is the Serbian police body responsible for the implementation of international police cooperation agreements.
- Publication of INTERPOL Notices;
- Tracing of foreign fugitives in Serbia and Serbian fugitives abroad;
- Coordination of extraditions with INTERPOL member countries;
- International legal assistance;
- Assisting INTERPOL member countries in criminal investigations involving Serbia or Serbian nationals;
- Cooperation with other domestic bodies within and beyond the MIA;
- Promoting INTERPOL during lectures delivered at educational institutions.
Priority crime areas:
- Trafficking in human beings;
- Financial fraud including counterfeiting and money laundering.
Des contrefaçons d’une valeur estimée à près d’un million d’USD saisies lors d’une opération coordonnée par INTERPOL
La détermination des autorités serbes permet l'arrestation de Goran Hadzic, le dernier fugitif recherché en lien avec la guerre des Balkans
INTERPOL salue l’arrestation par les autorités serbes de Ratko Mladic, un criminel de guerre présumé, recherché pour son rôle dans la guerre des Balkans
Serbian Minister offers share of seized criminal assets to INTERPOL to support fight against transnational crime
Une opération coordonnée par INTERPOL vise le commerce illicite de produits médicaux issus d’espèces sauvages
Red Notices 13
MIRJANA Age today: 72 years old
Nationality: , Serbia
SASA Age today: 45 years old