- INTERPOL Vilnius
Member since :
4 novembre 1991
To Defend. To Protect. To Help.
Law enforcement services in Lithuania are provided by the National Police which is part of the Ministry of the Interior. Founded in 1918, the Lithuanian Police operates under the command of a Police Commissioner General who is appointed for a period of five years and answers directly to the Minister of the Interior.
Lithuanian Police mandate:
- Protect human rights and freedom;
- Ensure public order and safety;
- Provide urgent assistance in cases of emergency;
- Provide assistance to crime victims;
- Prevent, detective and investigate crime;
- Ensure the security of Lithuanian roads and traffic.
The Lithuanian Criminal Police Bureau is a specialized agency of the Lithuanian Police with responsibility for:
- national security;
- prevention, detection and investigation of serious crime;
- coordination of investigations requiring international outreach.
With a staff of nearly 10 officers, the INTERPOL National Central Bureau (NCB) of Lithuania is a part of the International Liaison Office (ILO), a department of the Criminal Police Bureau. ILO is an international police cooperation platform with INTERPOL, Europol and Sirene units.
NCB Structure :
- Organized crime;
- Economic crime;
- Property crime.
Une opération d’INTERPOL débouche sur l’arrestation du cerveau d’un réseau mondial de trafic de véhicules ayant rapporté plusieurs millions d’euros
INTERPOL organise en Pologne une formation aux enquêtes sur les incidents radiologiques et nucléaires afin de promouvoir un plan d’action commun
Lithuania's national police
Red Notices 23
VALDAS Age today: 43 years old
ALGIRDAS Age today: 41 years old
Yellow Notices 2
VALERIJ Age today: 59 years old
ADEN VILLIAMS Age today: 7 years old
- 37th European Regional Conference - 2008 - Vilnius