Asie et Pacifique Sud
- INTERPOL Islamabad
Member since :
Law enforcement services in Pakistan are provided by a combination of federal and provincial police forces. Together these forces are responsible for:
- Preventing, detecting and investigating crime;
- Protecting life, property and freedom;
- Collecting and sharing criminal intelligence;
- Locating and bringing offenders to justice;
- Preserving public peace;
- Protecting women and children.
Basic law and order action is carried out by the police of the four provincial governments:
- Punjab Police;
- Sindh Police;
- Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Police;
- Balochistan Police.
Together the four provincial police forces are made up of more than 325,000 officers.
The Ministry of Interior is responsible for national security.
- Command the federal police organizations;
- Command the civil armed forces;
- Assist and support provincial governments.
Federal police organizations:
Ministry of Interior:
- Federal Investigation Agency (FIA);
- Pakistan Rangers;
- Frontier Corps;
- Pakistan Coast Guard;
- National Police Bureau;
- National Police Academy;
- National Police Management Board.
Ministry of Communications:
- National Highways and Motorways Police.
Ministry of Narcotics Control:
- Anti-Narcotics Force.
Federal Investigation Agency (FIA)
The FIA is headquartered in Islamabad with regional units across the country. With a strength of 3,500 officers, its mandate is to investigate and prosecute offences relating to:
- Organized crime and terrorism;
- Immigration, trafficking in human beings and smuggling;
- Money laundering;
- Financial, high-tech and white collar crime;
- Intellectual property rights.
The INTERPOL National Central Bureau (NCB) for Pakistan is part of the FIA’s International Cooperation Branch, the exclusive platform for all Pakistan investigations requiring international outreach.
Headed by the FIA Director General, INTERPOL Islamabad’s day-to-day work is supervised by an NCB Director. Staffed by of 15 officials, INTERPOL Islamabad also has four sub-bureaus located at each of the four FIA provincial headquarters.
INTERPOL Islamabad activities are carried out by five sections:
- Europe and Americas;
- Middle East;
- Asia and Africa;
- Drugs and Organized Crime;
- General (training and events).
Suite à l’alerte lancée par INTERPOL, le journaliste pakistanais disparu est localisé indemne en Israël
Red Notices 160
AKBAR Age today: 32 years old
MALIK SHAHZAD AHMED Age today: 35 years old