- INTERPOL Castries
Member since :
18 octobre 1983
Law enforcement services in St Lucia are provided by the Royal St Lucia Police Force (RSLPF), which was founded in 1834. The Force is headed by a Commissioner of Police who is assisted by two Deputy Commissioners and four Assistant Commissioners responsible for operations, corporate services, territorial policing and crime-fighting.
The Force has 14 police stations and 19 units nationwide serving a population of 175,000.
To provide a professional policing service and, in partnership with all communities, to create a safer environment for all people in St. Lucia.
A professional community policing service aimed at reducing crime, improving road safety and contributing towards a safer environment.
- Nationwide maintenance of law and order;
- Preservation of peace;
- Protection of life and property;
- Prevention, detection and investigation of crime;
- Law enforcement;
- Apprehension of offenders.
- Reduce crime, disorder and the fear of crime;
- Strengthen relationships with local, regional and international law enforcement stake holders;
- Foster a closer relationship with regional and international INTERPOL member countries;
- Enhance effectiveness and efficiency in crime reporting and investigations;
- Ensure that policing services are delivered professionally with integrity and accountability.
The INTERPOL National Central Bureau (NCB) for St Lucia is part of the RSLPF’s Communication & Information Technologies (IT) Unit. It is staffed both by members of the IT unit and the RSLPF Central Intelligence Unit.
Priority areas of activity:
- Deportees and extradition;
- Drugs, organized and armed crime;
- Cyber and economic crime;
- People smuggling and illegal immigration.