- INTERPOL Bridgetown
Member since :
3 novembre 1981
Royal Barbados Police Force
Mission statement: To provide the highest quality police service in partnership with our community, to ensure a safe and stable environment.
Motto: To serve, protect, and reassure
- Maintenance of law and order;
- Preservation of peace;
- Protection of life and property;
- Prevention and detection of crime;
- Enforcement of all laws and regulations with which it is charged.
The Royal Barbados Police Force (RBPF) is made up of the following Divisions:
- Administration Support Division;
- Criminal Investigation Division;
- Bridgetown Division;
- Northern Division;
- Southern Division;
- Office of Professional Responsibility;
- Operational Support Division.
The INTERPOL National Central Bureau (NCB) for Barbados is headed by the Commissioner of Police, who delegates daily operations to an Inspector who is assisted by a Detective Sergeant and two Detective Constables.
Located at the Police Headquarters, INTERPOL Bridgetown is a department within the Administration Support Division (Special Branch).
To help tackle;
- Criminal organizations and drugs;
- Financial and high-tech crime;
- Public safety and terrorism;
- Trafficking in human beings;
- To enable the exchange of criminal data between Barbados law enforcement agencies and the INTERPOL community;
- Cooperation with both internal and external organizations;
- Enforcement of ordinary criminal law.
Part of the NCB’s policing plan is to reduce the level of crime through the concepts of :
- Intelligence-led policing;
- Community Policing.