- INTERPOL Lilongwe
Member since :
31 août 1966
Headed by the President of the Republic of Malawi, the Malawi Police Service (MPS) is part of the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Public Security.
In addition to providing national law enforcement services, the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Public Security is responsible for Prison Services and Immigration.
MPS is commanded by an Inspector General assisted by two Deputy Inspectors General in charge of Administration and Operations respectively. The Deputy Inspectors General are responsible for running the general administration and operations of the entire police service as well as the MPS Headquarters.
To enable MPS to serve and secure a population of more than 14 million people, the force divides its administrative and operational activities into four police regions.
- Airport Security;
- Community Policing;
- Criminal Investigation;
- Explosives, Firearms and Ballistics;
- Marine Corp;
- Radio Communication;
- Police Mobile Service;
- Prosecution Service;
- Traffic and Transport.
The INTERPOL National Central Bureau (NCB) for Malawi sits structurally in the MPS Criminal Investigation Department (CID), meaning the eight staff members work side by side with CID units including
- Fiscal Fraud Section;
- Dangerous Drug Section;
- Criminal Records Section;
- Canine Section;
- Motor Vehicle Theft Unit;
- Forensic Science Services;
- Firearm Registry;
- Homicide Investigation Section.
- provide investigative support to domestic, regional and international investigations into national and transnational crime;
serve as a platform permitting domestic law enforcement to :
- take their investigations beyond national borders for police cooperation and input;
- access INTERPOL’s wide range of criminal databases;
- access critical information on latest developments and trends in cross-border crime;
- coordinate local, regional and international police operations, training sessions and law enforcement workshops;
- populate INTERPOL databases;
- contribute towards national police capacity building programmes and raise awareness about INTERPOL at national level.
- Cybercrime ;
- Drug trafficking;
- Economic and commercial crime:
- Environmental crime;
- Illegal immigration;
- Illegal firearm trafficking and related cases;
- Motor vehicle theft;
- Trafficking in human beings;
- Violent crime.
1 500 policiers engagés dans une opération ciblant les réseaux criminels en Afrique orientale et australe
Le trafic d’ivoire d’éléphant et de corne de rhinocéros cible de l’opération Worthy II sur le continent africain
Des trafiquants d’êtres humains, de drogues et d’armes ciblés par des opérations dans toute l’Afrique orientale et australe
Une formation organisée avec le soutien d’INTERPOL afin d’endiguer le trafic d’espèces sauvages en Afrique australe
Red Notices 9
ALEXANDER Age today: 47 years old
GILBERT Age today: 38 years old
Yellow Notices 2
MPHATSO GIFT Age today: 51 years old
TEKETANI Age today: 18 years old