- INTERPOL Kiev
Member since :
4 de noviembre de 1992
Police services in Ukraine are provided by the Ministry of Internal Affairs (MIA) which is responsible for the Militia – the national police authority. The Minister is appointed by the President of Ukraine.
- Creation and implementation of national policy on protecting basic rights and freedom;
- Maintain law and order;
- Keep people safe;
- Prevent, detect and investigate crime;
- Protect public and private property;
- Traffic control and road safety;
- Creation of state policy on migration (legal and illegal).
- Crime Prevention;
- Criminal Investigations;
- Cyber Crime and Trafficking in Human Beings;
- Economic Crime;
- Information and Analytical Support;
- INTERPOL National Central Bureau (NCB) of Ukraine;
- Juvenile Crime;
- Main Investigations;
- Operational Services;
- Operational and Technical Solutions;
- Organized Crime;
- Public Security;
- State Automobile Inspection;
- State Scientific Research – Forensics Centre.
The INTERPOL NCB for Ukraine is a sub-division if the MIA. It serves as the central coordination centre for criminal matters involving Ukraine and the INTERPOL law enforcement community.
It provides assistance to domestic partners in operational and criminal matters concerning violent, property and economic crimes, including people smuggling, money laundering, drug trafficking, terrorism and high-tech cyber-crime. INTERPOL Kiev also serves as the Europol national contact point and the national football information point.
INTERPOL Kiev is staffed by almost 60 men and women, including more than 50 police officers. It has a command centre operational 24 hours a day, and also 27 liaison units in every region of Ukraine.
- Coordination of Ukrainian law enforcement action in counteracting transnational crime;
- Coordination of police cooperation activities between Ukraine law enforcement agencies, the INTERPOL General Secretariat and INTERPOL member countries;
- Monitoring of the evolution of transnational crime in Ukraine or by Ukrainian nationals abroad.
Principal domestic partners:
- General Prosecutors Office;
- Ministry of Justice;
- Security Service;
- State Border Guard Service;
- State Customs Service;
- State Tax Administration;
- Other MIA units.
Boosting border security
To strengthen national security and prevent criminal activity in Ukraine, INTERPOL Kiev arranged for frontline police officers across the country to have access to INTERPOL’s databases. With the support of an INTERPOL project funded by the European Union, officers across the country now have hands-on access to INTERPOL databases. With this capacity, Ukraine police officers across the country can quickly determine if a person is a potential threat to national security.
INTERPOL training centre
In collaboration with the General Secretariat, in 2008 INTERPOL Kiev set up a training centre for INTERPOL's secure police communications system at the Kiev National University of Internal Affairs. This training centre provides a venue for Ukrainian police to continually improve their international policing skills and keep abreast of new tools and services provided by the INTERPOL General Secretariat.
INTERPOL exercise boosts radiological and nuclear terrorism response capacity in Ukraine and Belarus
El jefe de INTERPOL advierte de las amenazas ‘invisibles’ a la seguridad de las personas y las economías
El papel de Ucrania en la seguridad internacional, motivo de la visita del fiscal general a INTERPOL
Una operación internacional dirigida por INTERPOL pone de manifiesto el alcance del tráfico de productos ilícitos
INTERPOL organiza en Polonia un curso para la realización de investigaciones sobre incidentes radiactivos y nucleares con objeto de promover un plan de acción común
La búsqueda de prófugos internacionales emprendida por INTERPOL da lugar a numerosas detenciones en toda Sudamérica
El Ministro ucranio del Interior trata sobre la seguridad de los documentos de viaje y de las fronteras durante su visita a INTERPOL
INTERPOL alaba la cooperación entre las policías de Alemania y Ucrania que ha llevado al hallazgo de un cuadro de Caravaggio robado
Red Notices 160
KYRYLO Age today: 28 years old
SERGIY Age today: 48 years old
Yellow Notices 66
WLADIMIR Age today: 47 years old
MNATSAKAN Age today: 22 years old
- 33rd European Regional Conference - 2004 - Kiev