- INTERPOL Athens
Member since :
7 de septiembre de 1923
The Greek Police – known officially as the Hellenic Police – is part of the Ministry of Interior and Administrative Reconstruction.
- Ensure law and order;
- Contribute towards social development through effective policing and traffic control;
- Prevent, detect and investigate crime.
The Greek Police assumed its current structure in 1984 and is made up of central and regional departments, with an Athens-based headquarters which overseas all national law enforcement activities. One of its main objectives is to continuously address evolving crime trends, demands and challenges though permanent training programmes, contemporary prevention policies and the use of modern science and technology.
Based at the Greek Police Headquarters, the INTERPOL National Central Bureau (NCB) for Greece is part of the International Police Cooperation Directorate. INTERPOL Athens is the exclusive platform for Greek police investigations requiring outreach with the international law
INTERPOL Athens is made up of the following sections:
- Vehicle and maritime crime;
- Stolen and lost documents;
- Tax crime;
- Cultural heritage;
- Arms, explosives and counter-terrorism;
- Missing persons;
- Smuggling and trafficking;
- Criminal identification;
- Document (nationalization) verification;
- Police and judicial cooperation;
- Fugitives, INTERPOL notices and diffusions.
INTERPOL Athens is staffed by both police officers and civilians, with a total staff of 20.
Las autoridades griegas piden ayuda a INTERPOL para identificar a una niña desconocida cotejando su ADN
Grecia celebrará el primer juicio contra la piratería marítima con pruebas reunidas por un equipo de INTERPOL
La búsqueda de prófugos internacionales emprendida por INTERPOL da lugar a numerosas detenciones en toda Sudamérica
Red Notices 1
KONSTANTINOS Age today: 48 years old
Yellow Notices 13
GEORGIOS Age today: 24 years old
NICOLAOS Age today: 53 years old
- 69th INTERPOL General Assembly - 30 October-4 November 2000 - Rhodes