- INTERPOL Nicosia
Member since :
19 de septiembre de 1962
The Cyprus Police Force was created in 1960 and is part of the Ministry of Justice and Public Order.
- Maintain law and order;
- Keep the peace;
- Prevent, detect and investigate crime;
- Apprehend offenders.
The Cyprus Police focuses on four main areas of activity:
- Support services.
- Chief of Police;
- Deputy Chief of Police;
- Four Assistant Chiefs (Operations, Administration, Education and Support) ;
- Police Districts (Famagusta, Larnaca, Nicosia, Limassol, Paphos and Morphou);
- Aliens and Immigration Unit;
- Audit and Inspection Service;
- Central Intelligence Service;
- Criminal Investigations;
- Criminalistics (scientific examination of exhibits and crime scenes; presentation of scientific police evidence before the courts);
- Cyprus Police Academy;
- Directorate of Airport Security;
- Drug Law Enforcement Unit;
- Emergency Response Unit;
- European Union and International Police Cooperation Directorate (EU-IPCD);
- Materials and Supplies Directorate;
- Police Aviation Unit;
- Port and Marine Police;
- Presidential Guard Unit;
- Professional Standards Directorate;
- Research and Development;
- Scientific and Technical Support (Telecommunications);
- Traffic and Transport.
The INTERPOL National Central Bureau (NCB) for Cyprus is part of the European Union and International Police Cooperation Directorate (EU-IPCD), a Headquarters Unit created in 2003 to handle all domestic police enquiries requiring international outreach.
The EU-IPCD is divided in two Sub-directorates:
1). The European Union Sub directorate, made up of:
- European Union and International Relations office;
- Legal Cooperation Office;
- Human Rights Office;
- Office for the Coordination of EU Representation;
- Logistics for Police Representation Abroad Office;
2). The IPC Sub-directorate made up of:
- INTERPOL Cyprus;
- Europol National Unit;
- Police Cooperation Office;
- Sirene Office.
INTERPOL Nicosia has a staff of 12 and works on a shift basis in order to provide 24-hour service.
- Facilitate the exchange of information between domestic law enforcement entities, partner NCBs across the world and the INTERPOL General Secretariat headquarters in Lyon;
- Exchange information and process mutual assistance requests on serious international criminal investigations;
- Assist domestic police entities and NCBs with regard to missing persons, trafficking in works of art and other high-value objects;
- Coordinate Cyprus’ participation in the annual INTERPOL General Assembly Session and other INTERPOL events;
- Undertake activities deriving from international conventions to which the Republic of Cyprus is a party and in which INTERPOL needs to be involved;
- Publish INTERPOL notices;
- Facilitate the exchange of information between domestic law enforcement and justice entities and partner NCBs across the world with regard to international conventions and bilateral agreements.
La cooperación a través de INTERPOL conduce a la detención en Chipre de un presunto miembro de la banda “Pink Panthers”
Red Notices 40
GOCHA Age today: 53 years old
GALINA Age today: 40 years old
Nationality: Ukraine , Cyprus
Yellow Notices 10
OLYMPIA Age today: 5 years old
GERASIMOS Age today: 7 years old
- 34th European Regional Conference - 2005 - Nicosia