- INTERPOL Sofia
Member since :
Junio de 1947
Law enforcement services in Bulgaria are provided by several different departments of the Ministry of Interior.
Criminal Police General Directorate
Headed by a Chief Commissar, the Criminal Police General Directorate has the role of the national police force, carrying out its duties as an independent Ministerial body, in cooperation with other state bodies, organizations and citizens.
- Prevent, detect and investigate crime;
- Search for fugitives;
- Formally identify people;
- Tackle cross-border crime and networks;
- Fight illegal migration and trafficking in human beings;
- Prevent terrorism.
Security Police General Directorate
- Maintain public law and order;
- Protect public property and strategic sites;
- Secure major events;
- Riot control;
- Traffic control, vehicle administration and accident management;
- Dangerous substance control;
- VIP protection.
Border Police General Directorate
The Ministry of Interior in also in charge of the Border Police General Directorate, a specialized security and investigative force in charge of border security and control.
- Protect state borders;
- Control migration in and out of national borders;
- Enforce laws and regulations for the admission of foreign-born persons to Bulgaria;
- Control illegal immigration;
- Detect, apprehend, and deter smugglers of human beings, drugs and other contraband.
Another department of the Ministry of Interior, the INTERPOL National Central Bureau (NCB) for Bulgaria is part of its International Operational Cooperation Department (IOCD).
Its priority crime areas include:
- Maritime piracy;
- Trafficking in human beings;
- Stolen motor vehicle crime;
- Money laundering;
- High-tech crime.
In March 2009, the IOCD moved to a new headquarters building in central Sofia. NCB Sofia staff now enjoy brand new office space comprising 12 rooms fully equipped with modern technology and communications devices.
Se decomisan artículos falsificados por valor de casi 1 millón de USD en una operación coordinada por INTERPOL
INTERPOL chief commends Bulgaria on the work of its police in fighting transnational organized crime
INTERPOL publica, a petición de Bulgaria, varias imágenes de una persona que presuntamente actuó como cómplice en el atentado terrorista contra un autobús
Bulgaria pide a los países miembros de INTERPOL que divulguen la imagen del autor del atentado terrorista contra un autobús
INTERPOL envía un equipo a Bulgaria para ayudar en la investigación sobre el atentado suicida contra un autobús de turistas israelíes
Red Notices 63
IVAN VLADOV Age today: 41 years old
SALI NURSIN Age today: 27 years old
Yellow Notices 137
VELEMIRA STOYANOVA Age today: 38 years old
SASHO YORDANOV Age today: 61 years old
- 36th European Regional Conference - 2007 - Varna