Asia y Pacífico Sur
- INTERPOL Doha
Member since :
19 de septiembre de 1974
Law enforcement services in Qatar are the responsibility of the Ministry of Interior (MOI). Created in 1970, the MOI has responsibility for public security and law and order throughout the country.
- Prevent, detect and investigate crime;
- Ensure security of the people and country;
- Enforce law and order;
- Administrate and control migration;
- Protect people and property;
- Organize and supervise the national police force.
Qatar’s Ministry of Interior is staffed by highly trained officials dedicated to enforcing the law and keeping Qatar safe.
- Crime Investigation;
- Traffic Control;
- Emergency and Rescue Police;
- Immigration and Passports;
- Prison and Correctional Administration;
- Civil Defense;
- Road Safety.
Located in the capital Doha, the INTERPOL National Central Bureau (NCB) for Qatar is part of the Ministry of Interior. It is equipped with modern technology enabling its 60 staff members to provide state-of-the-art policing support both to domestic law enforcement partners and the INTERPOL community at large.
- Support international police cooperation in fighting all forms of crime;
- Coordinate Qatar’s participation in and contribution to INTERPOL’s General Assembly, Regional Conference and specialized crime symposiums;
- Cooperate with INTERPOL NCBs worldwide in exchanging police information and supporting international investigations.