Asia y Pacífico Sur
- INTERPOL Kathmandu
Member since :
27 de septiembre 1967
Committed to protecting life and property and abiding by the principles of democracy and rule of law.
Headed by an Inspector General of Police (IGP), the Nepal Police is part of the Ministry of Home Affairs and has a strength of 60,000 officers. Nepal is divided into five geographical policing regions in addition to the Kathmandu Metropolis. Each region is responsible for maintaining law and order on its territory.
Below are some of the specialized departments which make up the Nepal Police:
- Crime Investigation;
- Human Resources;
- Office of the Inspector General of Police;
- National Police Academy;
- Nepal Police Hospital;
- Narcotic Drugs Control and Law Enforcement;
- Traffic Control.
Also headed by the IGP, the INTERPOL National Central Bureau (NCB) for Nepal is staffed by 17 police officers who regularly take part in INTERPOL seminars and training programmes.
- Intelligence exchange with INTERPOL member countries and the General Secretariat;
- Preparation and publication of INTERPOL Notices;
- Co-ordination with law enforcement agencies, ministries, diplomatic agencies and relevant non-governmental organizations;
- Intelligence analysis;
- Criminal record maintenance;
- Research and consultation to Nepalese ministries and governmental bodies about legal affairs such as extradition, deportation and legal instruments such as bi-lateral extradition treaties, multi-lateral extradition conventions, mutual legal assistance treaties etc.
NCB Kathmandu priority crime areas include:
- Drugs and organized crime;
- Trafficking in human beings and people smuggling;
- Financial and high tech crime;
- Public safety and terrorism;
- Arms smuggling;
- Vehicle crime;
- Money laundering and the financing of terrorism.
Nepal solicita la publicación de una notificación roja de INTERPOL sobre un cazador furtivo de rinocerontes
Los resultados de una operación de INTERPOL en defensa de la fauna y la flora silvestres marcan el Día Mundial del Tigre
La policía nepalesa detiene a un médico objeto de una investigación sobre transplantes ilícitos en la India
Red Notices 13
BHUPENDRA Age today: 40 years old
BISHNU BAHADUR Age today: 34 years old