Asia y Pacífico Sur
- INTERPOL Bishkek
Member since :
23 de octubre de 1996
Kyrgyzstan National Police
The Kyrgyzstan National Police is part of the Ministry of Internal Affairs (MIA). Answering directly to the President and Government of the Kyrgyz Republic, the MIA is in charge of:
- Maintaining public order and security of people and property;
- Crime prevention and investigation;
- Enforcing administrative penalties;
- Examining vehicles and licences, maintaining vehicle registration records and conducting driving tests.
Structure and organization
The MIA is made up of regional units which deal with law enforcement issues relating to specific districts, including a unit for the capital, Bishkek. The MIA also comprises a department of transport and an internal affairs department for municipal, district and rural areas. Great emphasis is placed on training, with a variety of dedicated training institutions offering specialized qualifications and certificates.
An integral part of Kyrgyzstan's MIA, the INTERPOL National Central Bureau (NCB) for Kyrgyzstan is the national platform for domestic law enforcement agencies to take their investigations beyond the Kyrgyz borders to get investigative support and input from INTERPOL member countries.
- Assisting domestic law enforcement agencies in finding international solutions to problems encountered during national investigations;
- Working with all INTERPOL member countries and the INTERPOL General Secretariat in the search, arrest and extradition of criminals;
- Assisting INTERPOL member countries in investigations requiring data and intelligence from Kyrgyzstan police authorities;
- Creating and developing policing tools and methodology to effectively analyse and prevent international crime;
- Performing permanent research and analysis about organized crime, terrorism, drugs, money laundering, and keeping the INTERPOL community informed of results.
INTERPOL Kyrgyzstan is made up of around ten staff members, including a Head of NCB, a Deputy Head, Senior Officers and Officers.
Investigating and preventing chemical and explosives terrorism focus of INTERPOL training in Georgia
Red Notices 160
RUSTAM KUNDUSOVICH Age today: 41 years old
YRYSBEK KAMCHYBEKOVICH Age today: 39 years old