Asia y Pacífico Sur
- INTERPOL Manila
Member since :
The Philippine Center on Transnational Crime (PCTC), which houses INTERPOL Manila, is the national law enforcement agency which carries investigations beyond the borders of the Philippines. Its priority crime areas include:
- Illicit trafficking of narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances;
- Money laundering;
- Arms smuggling;
- Trafficking in persons;
- Any crime which impacts the stability and security of the Philippines.
The PCTC coordinates all transnational crime operations carried out by other government agencies of the Philippines. It designs new projects to strengthen the country’s combined response and ensures the efficient exchange of information. The PCTC recommends ways to better prevent transnational crime and to detect and apprehend criminals operating across borders. A central database of national and international legislation underpins these recommendations. Activities are reinforced through training programmes delivered in cooperation with national government agencies, other countries and international organizations.
The PCTC is assisted by the Philippine’s 22 national law enforcement agencies:
The National Central Bureau (NCB) for the Philippines is an inter-ministerial entity which is not part of the Philippine National Police but instead is directly attached to the Office of the President. As such it benefits from direct access to the services of all law enforcement agencies in the Philippines.
The NCB is referred to as “NALECC-SCILEC” (National Law Enforcement Coordinating Committee - Sub Committee on International Law Enforcement Cooperation).
INTERPOL Manila is an integral part of the PCTC. Its mission is to serve as the liaison office and main coordinating body for international police cooperation on behalf of all law enforcement agencies in the Philippines. Its main duties include:
- Monitoring and coordinating law enforcement activities relating to transnational crimes affecting the Philippines;
- Operating and maintaining an operations centre to serve as the focal point for international cooperation on transnational crime for all law enforcement agencies in the Philippines;
- Acting as a NALECC Sub Committee in the monitoring of crime and activities which threaten national security and the economy.
INTERPOL Manila works around the clock and uses English as its main working language.
INTERPOL envía a Filipinas un equipo para evaluar las necesidades en materia de identificación de víctimas a raíz del tifón Haiyan
Una operación de INTERPOL conduce a la detención del cerebro de una red de contrabando de automóviles que movía millones de euros
El incremento de la cooperación, tema destacado de la reunión entre el jefe de la Policía Nacional de Filipinas y el jefe de INTERPOL
Filipinas e INTERPOL designan en Cebú a sendos jefes permanentes de los equipos de identificación de víctimas del huracán Frank
INTERPOL utilizará técnicas avanzadas de análisis de ADN para identificar a las 800 víctimas del accidente de transbordador ocurrido en Filipinas, y lanza un llamamiento para conseguir instalaciones suplementarias
Red Notices 38
JOSELLE LAURIO Age today: 33 years old
JOMALYNNE DE VILLA Age today: 34 years old
- 18th Asian Regional Conference - 2004 - Manila
- 49th INTERPOL General Assembly - 13-21 November 1980 - Manila