Asia y Pacífico Sur
- INTERPOL Phnom penh
Member since :
1 de abril de 1956
Cambodia’s Ministry of Interior is responsible for public administration throughout the country’s 24 provinces and municipalities. It is in charge of the Cambodian national police and other law enforcement administrations, including police training units, the judicial police, drug units, border police and prisons.
With a strength of 64,000 staff, Cambodia’s national police force is organized into six central departments:
- Public order;
INTERPOL Phnom Penh
The INTERPOL National Central Bureau (NCB) for Cambodia sits structurally within the Central Security Department of the National Police Commissariat General. Its main duties include:
- Exchange of information with INTERPOL member countries on crimes and offences involving Cambodia;
- Cooperation with relevant law enforcement units requiring documentation or evidence relating to fugitives and criminals either wanted by Cambodia or by another of the INTERPOL member countries and thought to be in Cambodia;
- To conduct investigations on fugitives and criminals either wanted by Cambodia or another INTERPOL member country;
- Work with NCBs in obtaining information and intelligence on criminals and fugitives wanted by Cambodia and who have fled the country;
- Co-ordinating the publication of INTERPOL notices to trace fugitives and ensure the appropriate INTERPOL tools are in place to prevent transnational crimes;
- To issue “Police Clearance Certificates” for residence or visa applications and coordination of examination and approval by Cambodia’s Commissioner General of the National Police.