- INTERPOL Saint George's
Member since :
6 de octubre de 1986
Law enforcement services in Grenada are provided by the Royal Grenada Police Force (RGPF). Headed by a Commissioner of Police appointed by the Governor-General, RGPF has a strength of 900 men and women working at the St George’s headquarters or in one of the 15 police stations across the island nation.
- Crime prevention, detection and investigation;
- Immigration services;
- Coast guard services;
- Fire services;
- Seaport security services;
- National defense;
- Protection of life and property;
- Ensure law and order.
St George’s police headquarters structure:
- Public order
- Fire Services;
- Immigration services ;
- Port security.
INTERPOL St George’s
Part of the Office of the Commissioner of Police, the INTERPOL National Central Bureau (NCB) for Grenada sits structurally in the headquarters’ Investigations Unit. Headed by an Assistant Police Chief, all INTERPOL St George’s staff are Royal Grenada Police Force officers.
- Deportees and extradition;
- Drug crime;
- Financial and high tech crime;
- Illegal immigrants;
- Organised and armed crime;
- People smuggling;
- Property crimes;
- Stolen and lost travel documents.
- Serve as the central point of contact for any investigations involving Grenada and the international police community;
- Develop and maintain a working relationship with all law enforcement agencies in Grenada;
- Facilitate cross-border police cooperation with INTERPOL member countries;
- Assist INTERPOL member countries with criminal investigations;
- Help make Grenada a safer place by giving domestic law enforcement partners access to INTERPOL databases via the I-24/7 global police communications system