- INTERPOL Ottawa
Member since :
The Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) is the Canadian national police service and an agency of the Ministry of Public Safety Canada. It is a national, federal, provincial and municipal policing body, providing federal policing services to all Canadians and policing agencies.
Canada joined INTERPOL in 1949 and the RCMP was given the responsibility to operate the INTERPOL National Central Bureau (NCB) in Ottawa. The NCB is part of the International Policing Branch. It is staffed by police and civilian RCMP members, public service employees, and police officers seconded from other Canadian police agencies. Current Canadian police partners include Sûreté du Québec, Ontario Provincial Police, and the Service de Police de la Ville de Montréal (Montreal City Police Service).
INTERPOL Ottawa serves as the primary gateway for the Canadian law enforcement community to pursue criminal matters outside of Canada. It also coordinates all international requests for assistance with Canadian law enforcement agencies.
Some of INTERPOL Ottawa’s services include:
- Access to INTERPOL's criminal databases and the ability to conduct international checks on criminal records, passports, vehicle identification numbers, firearms etc.;
- Issuing INTERPOL Notices to all member countries to help locate a fugitive, a missing person or to gather information on a subject;
- Coordinating and providing assistance in locating/deporting/extraditing foreign fugitives on Canadian soil and Canadian fugitives abroad;
- Providing up-to-date information to police investigators on legislation pertaining to criminal investigations and on Canadian requirements for pre-extradition.
On 21 January 2003, INTERPOL Ottawa became the first country to connect to INTERPOL's Global Police Communications System, I-24/7.
Extending access to INTERPOL's tools and services
In 2009, INTERPOL Ottawa made INTERPOL databases accessible to more than 66,000 police officers from 380 police and law enforcement agencies across the country. This expansion formed part of a strategy to boost national security and prevent criminal activity in Canada.
Using INTERPOL's technology known as FIND, Canada created an interface between two key INTERPOL databases and the national Canadian police database. This means that police across a territory of 10 million square kilometres all have hands-on access to critical data on wanted persons and stolen and lost travel documents, in just seconds.
INTERPOL, con la ayuda de Canadá, pone en marcha un instrumento móvil mundial para combatir los delitos sexuales contra menores
INTERPOL elogia la cooperación policial internacional que ha conducido a la rápida detención del presunto asesino canadiense
Se decomisan productos falsificados valorados en millones de dólares en una operación en las Américas dirigida por INTERPOL
La búsqueda de prófugos internacionales emprendida por INTERPOL da lugar a numerosas detenciones en toda Sudamérica
INTERPOL coordina una operación contra el tráfico ilegal de medicamentos obtenidos de la flora y fauna silvestres
Red Notices 115
ARNOLD LOUETTE Age today: 67 years old
HUSSEIN Age today: 49 years old
Nationality: Lebanon , Canada
- 15th Americas Regional Conference - 1997 - Ottawa
- 59th INTERPOL General Assembly - 27 September - 3 October 1990 - Ottawa
- 40th INTERPOL General Assembly - 6-11 September 1971 - Ottawa