- INTERPOL Cairo
Member since :
7 de septiembre de 1923
Law Enforcement services in Egypt are provided through different units of the Ministry of Interior.
- Ensure public security and safety;
- Ensure state security;
- Manage and train the special forces;
- Prevent, detect and investigate crime;
- Administer identity (passports, visas, border control);
- Administer licenses (guns, vehicles, and so on);
- Provide prison services;
- Control traffic;
- Provide police training.
The INTERPOL National Central Bureau (NCB) for Egypt is housed by the Public Security Sector of the International and Arab Criminal Police Unit. It is staffed by a combination of police and administrative staff.
- Serve as the exclusive communication channel for police information flow between domestic law enforcement entities and the INTERPOL community;
- Facilitate the location and extradition of foreign fugitives in Egypt and of Egyptian fugitives abroad;
- Facilitate domestic access to INTERPOL’s global police communications system (I-24/7) and databases;
- Collect and exchange criminal data required for foreign and domestic investigations in a timely manner;
- Conduct identity and criminal history checks on people requesting credit facilities;
- Organize and take part in INTERPOL training sessions and conferences both in Egypt and worldwide.
NCB Cairo places particular emphasis on exchanging intelligence with INTERPOL member countries to boost the fight against:
- Drug trafficking;
- Trafficking in organs;
- Illegal immigration;
- Organized crime;
- People smuggling;
- Trafficking in cultural heritage;
- High-tech crime;
- Sexual offences against children.
Strengthening border security
As part of a strategy to boost national security and prevent criminal activity in Egypt, INTERPOL Cairo recently arranged for its frontline police officers to have direct access to INTERPOL’s global databases. This means that police in the field now have hands-on access to critical data on wanted persons, vehicles and stolen and lost travel documents.
With this new capacity, Egyptian police officers in the following border control units can quickly determine if a person is a potential threat to national security:
- General Directorate of Cairo International Airport;
- General Directorate of Port Security (33 national ports and airports);
- General Directorate of the Port of Alexandria.
Shortly, the following additional national end-points will also be given access to INTERPOL databases by INTERPOL Cairo:
- General Directorate of Anti-Narcotics;
- General Department of the Public Funds Crime Investigation Police;
- General Administration of Criminal Evidence Verification;
- Passports, Emigration and Nationality Administration.
Las autoridades egipcias se incautan de armas, drogas y obras de arte robadas en una operación contra los productos ilícitos
Un taller de INTERPOL para Próximo Oriente y el Norte de África se centra en la mejora de las investigaciones sobre prófugos
Las normas de INTERPOL prohíben a esta organización publicar las notificaciones rojas sobre trabajadores de ONG pedidas por Egipto
La búsqueda de prófugos internacionales emprendida por INTERPOL da lugar a numerosas detenciones en toda Sudamérica
Red Notices 160
YOUSEF IBRAHIM Age today: 43 years old
Nationality: Saudi arabia
ISHAK SHAFIK FARAG Age today: 39 years old
Yellow Notices 30
ABDEL HAKIM MOHAMED EL SAYED Age today: 52 years old
YOUSSEF ESSAM EL DIN FEKRY MAHMOUD Age today: 16 years old
Nationality: Egypt , United states
- 20th African Regional Conference - 2009 - Cairo
- 67th INTERPOL General Assembly - 22-27 October 1998 - Cairo