- INTERPOL Gaborone
Member since :
13 de noviembre de 1980
BOTSWANA POLICE SERVICE
To provide professional policing services to the Botswana people.
To be a law enforcement agency of repute.
- “Botho” (delivering a service characterized by humility, dignity, courtesy, empathy, kindness, consideration and respect for all people);
- Team work.
The Botswana Police Service (BPS) is led by a Commissioner, assisted by two deputy Commissioners who oversee operational activities and support services. The Force is made up of more than 8,500 officers (2000 women and 6,500 men for a population of nearly two million; in other words, one officer for every 215 people).
Some of the departments which make up the force include:
- Criminal Investigation Department;
- Forensic Science Services;
- Criminal Intelligence Bureau;
- Traffic Control;
- Transport and Telecommunications;
- North, South, Central and Gaborone Divisions;
- Special Support;
- Diamond and Narcotics Squad;
- Serious Crime Squad;
- Criminal Record Bureau;
- Crime Prevention Coordination Unit.
The INTERPOL National Central Bureau (NCB) for Botswana plays a pivotal role in helping coordinate BPS efforts in fighting cross-border crime. Answering directly to the Director of the Criminal Investigation Department, it is the exclusive platform for BPS investigations requiring international outreach and cooperation. With a total staff of 15 officers – two seconded to the INTERPOL Regional Bureau in Zimbabwe – INTERPOL Gaborone provides Botswana law enforcement with a range of support services structured around its priority crime areas. These are:
- High-tech and cyber crimes;
- Stolen motor vehicles;
- Offences against persons;
- Drug trafficking;
- Environmental crime;
- Theft and smuggling of minerals and precious stones;
- Stock theft.
The NCB’s principal duties include:
International criminal assistance:
- Performing research and obtaining law enforcement-related documentation for Botswana law enforcement agencies;
- Serving subpoenas on international witnesses;
- Helping locate and identify fugitives with a view to extradition;
- Executing requests for searches and seizures;
- Assisting in the identification of foreign corpses;
- Facilitating official missions to other countries by BPS officials or other Botswana law enforcement agencies.
- Sharing targeted criminal intelligence with Botswana law enforcement agencies and also with the international law enforcement community through INTERPOL channels;
- Sharing operational information and analysis on new crime trends, new methods of drug concealment and terrorism related issues;
- Providing Botswana law enforcement agencies with access to INTERPOL’s analytical services and criminal databases;
- Populating INTERPOL databases with information on stolen vehicles, stolen or lost travel documents, stolen administrative documents and wanted persons.
INTERPOL's secure global police communication system (I-24/7):
INTERPOL Gaborone’s has opened up INTERPOL’s I-24/7 network to Botswana’s national law enforcement, giving Botswana police agencies direct access to INTERPOL’s criminal databases. It is planned that shortly, all Botswana borders will also be given access, thus enabling them to quickly determine if a person is a potential threat to national security.
Los traficantes de personas, drogas y armas, objetivo de varias operaciones llevadas a cabo en África Oriental y Austral
INTERPOL efectúa la mayor operación de su historia contra el tráfico de marfil a manos de organizaciones delictivas
INTERPOL colabora en un curso para frenar el tráfico de especies de flora y fauna silvestres en África Austral
La reunión panafricana de INTERPOL marca el rumbo de una actuación conjunta contra la delincuencia transnacional
La conferencia africana de INTERPOL se propone impulsar las actuaciones regionales contra la delincuencia transnacional
El comercio ilegal de marfil y cuernos de rinoceronte objeto de una operación coordinada por INTERPOL en África austral
Red Notices 56
KOKETSO Age today: 31 years old
IAN Age today: 28 years old
Yellow Notices 11
MODIRINYANA Age today: 26 years old
RUTH GOFAONE Age today: 34 years old
- 21th African Regional Conference - 2011 - Gaborone
- 16th African Regional Conference - 2001 - Gaborone