- INTERPOL Ankara
Member since :
Turkey’s Ministry of Interior, responsible for ensuring law and order throughout the Turkish territory, accomplishes its mission through four main law enforcement bodies:
- Directorate General of Turkish National Police, responsible for the urban areas, airports, and traffic safety. The Turkish Police also plays a big part in intelligence and counter-terrorist operations;
- General Gendarmerie Command, responsible for security in rural areas;
- Coast Guard Command, which supervises Turkey’s 8,333 km coastline;
- Undersecretariat of Customs, responsible for customs regulations.
Directorate General of the Turkish National Police
The Directorate General of the Turkish National Police (Emniyet Genel Müdürlüğü) is made up of two bodies: the Central and the Local Directorates. The INTERPOL National Central Bureau (NCB) for Turkey is part of the Central Directorate, and is housed at the Police headquarters in Ankara. All Turkish investigations with an international connection are carried out by INTERPOL Ankara, in coordination with the Turkish Ministry of Justice and partner law enforcement agencies in Turkey.
“Fighting international crime and criminals; coordination at home, cooperation in the world”
Created in 1930, INTERPOL Ankara is one of the first and oldest INTERPOL NCBs. Its core missions comprise:
- Cooperation with the international police community in investigating criminal activities and organizations;
- Taking necessary measures to prevent international crime;
- Monitoring and arresting international criminals and organizing their extradition, in liaison with partner NCBs;
- Submitting applications to the INTERPOL General Secretariat for the publication of all categories of notices;
- Sharing of INTERPOL criminal information and intelligence with Turkish authorities;
- Organizing training activities on international police cooperation matters to increase awareness within Turkish law enforcement agencies;
- Inform Turkish authorities about emerging international crime trends and techniques and methods adopted to prevent them.
INTERPOL Ankara comprises a satellite unit within the Istanbul City Police Department, Turkey’s largest police department.
Investigating and preventing chemical and explosives terrorism focus of INTERPOL training in Georgia
INTERPOL, Europol and Turkish National Police join forces to target regional counterfeiting and piracy networks
Yellow Notices 58
NURULLAH Age today: 24 years old
GURCAN Age today: 45 years old
- 65th INTERPOL General Assembly - 23-29 October 1996 - Antalya
- 24th INTERPOL General Assembly - 5-9 September 1955 - Istanbul