- INTERPOL Chisinau
Member since :
28 September 1994
Moldova’s Ministry of Internal Affairs (MIA) is one of the country’s 16 government ministries. It is Moldova’s central executive authority for law enforcement and crime prevention.
The MIA comprises three essential branches:
- MIA Central Division;
- MIA Sub-ordinate Divisions;
- MIA Regional Police Units.
The INTERPOL National Central Bureau (NCB) for Moldova is part of the MIA’s Police Division, staffed by:
- Head of NCB;
- Deputy Head of NCB;
- Administrative office;
- Analysis, Monitoring and Control sub-division;
- Common Law Offences and International Searches sub-division;
- Telecommunications and Automated Facilities sub-division.
NCB activities include the reception, processing, maintenance and sharing of information on:
- International fugitives;
- Stolen motor vehicles;
- Stolen works of art and antiques;
- Arms and explosives.
The Division works actively with the INTERPOL community in fighting:
- Serious transnational crime;
- Trafficking in human beings;
- Illegal migration;
- Drug trafficking;
- Money laundering;
- Currency-related crime;
- Counterfeiting of documents.
Looking to the future
Training: In order to raise awareness of INTERPOL police services and databases, the NCB plans to develop training programmes which will be delivered to all national police units.
Security: The NCB plans to expand access to INTERPOL databases to all national law enforcement officers. This will help secure the Moldovan territory, enable border police to determine if travellers are potential threats, and provide first-class police services to domestic colleagues.
Red Notices 19
TUDOR Age today: 32 years old
SERGHEI Age today: 50 years old