- INTERPOL Floriana
Member since :
19 September 1972
Ministry For Justice And Home Affairs
Mission: To promote the development of a secure, just and inclusive society where rights and freedoms are safeguarded in an equitable and secure environment.
- Preservation of peace;
- Order and security;
- Administration and provision of justice;
- Management of immigration and asylum-related issues;
- Civil protection;
- Correctional services;
- Aviation security;
- Data protection;
- Arbitration services.
Police Force of Malta
Mission: To preserve public order, prevent detect and investigate crime, collect evidence and bring offenders to justice.
Law enforcement services in Malta are provided by the Police Force of Malta, which is part of the Ministry of Justice and Home Affairs. The 1,800 official who make up Malta’s workforce are deployed to the country’s two regions (North and South), providing security, crime prevention and investigation services.
- Strategy and Planning (including IT services and the CyberCrime Unit);
- Divisional Police Force Units (which administer Malta's 11 police districts);
- Crime Investigation (Serious Crime, Mobile Squad );
- Forensic Science Laboratory;
- Vice Squad (including trafficking in human beings, prostitution, domestic violence and illegal gambling);
- Economic Crime;
- Legal Affairs;
- Protective services (Traffic Branch, Environmental Crime, Canine Section, Mounted Section, Special Assignment Group);
- International Relations Unit;
- Drug Squad;
- Security Branch (Immigration, Airport and Seaport Control, Counter Terrorism Unit, Weapons’ Registration).
Located at the PFA Floriana-based headquarters, the INTERPOL National Central Bureau (NCB) for Malta is part of the International Relations Unit. Headed by a Police Inspector overseeing the activities of six police officials, NCB duties include:
- Cooperating with other INTERPOL member countries in investigations requiring international outreach;
- Identification checks;
- Vehicle checks;
- Sharing criminal data with local police entities and INTERPOL community upon request.
Malta Police Force Organisational chart | PDF 401 KB
- 40th European Regional Conference - 2011 - Malta