- INTERPOL Yerevan
Member since :
4 November 1992
Law enforcement services in Armenia are provided by the Police of the Republic of Armenia (PRA) which answers directly to the Armenian government. A Chief of the Police appointed by the Armenian President heads the force.
- detect, prevent and investigate crime;
- ensure law and order and public security;
- implement the national passports and visas regime;
- protect people, their rights, freedom and legal interests;
- protect public and state interests;
- protect all forms of property;
- respond to emergencies.
The PRA is made up of one central body called the Central Apparatus (CA) and 11 territorial Police departments - one for the capital and 10 in the provinces.The PRA also has an educational complex with a training centre and police academy.
The CA is made up of several different police departments, which each coordinate their actions and operations across the country. Some of Armenia’s principal police departments include:
- Criminal Forensics Department;
- Department of Public Order and Protection
- General Department for Combating Organized Crime;
- General Department of Criminal Intelligence ;
- General Department of State Protection
- INTERPOL National Central Bureau (NCB) of Armenia;
- Information Centre;
- Passports and Visas;
- Traffic Police;
- Police Headquarters.
The National Central Bureau (NCB) for Armenia is made up of three divisions:
- International Searches and General Crime (in charge of operations);
- Criminal Analysis and Intelligence
- crimes against human beings;
- drug trafficking;
- general reference sources;
- international relations support;
- organized crime;
- Telecommunications and Technical Support.
Investigating and preventing chemical and explosives terrorism focus of INTERPOL training in Georgia
Red Notices 10
ARSEN Age today: 40 years old
ARTUR Age today: 49 years old