- INTERPOL Yerevan
Member since :
4 November 1992
The Police of the Republic of Armenia (PRA) answers directly to the Armenian government. It is headed by a Chief of the Police who is appointed by the Armenian President.
- To protect people, their rights, freedom and legal interests;
- To protect public and state interests;
- To detect, prevent and investigate crime;
- To ensure law and order and public security;
- To protect all forms of property;
- To implement the national passports and visas regime;
- To respond to emergency situations.
The structure of the PRA comprises one central body – called the Central Apparatus (CA) – and 11 territorial Police departments: one for the capital and ten in the provinces. The PRA also has a training centre and a police academy.
The CA is made up of many police departments, some of which are listed below, and which each co-ordinate their actions and operations across the country:
- Police headquarters;
- Organized crime;
- Criminal investigations;
- Public order;
- Information centre;
- Road inspection;
- Passports and visas;
- State protection;
- Forensics and Legal Affairs;
- INTERPOL National Central Bureau (NCB) of Armenia.
The NCB for Armenia is divided into three divisions:
- International searches and general crime (in charge of operations);
- Criminal analysis and intelligence (drug trafficking, fraud, organized crime, terrorism, corruption, counterfeiting, crimes against human beings, international relations support and general reference sources);
- Telecommunications and technical support.
Investigating and preventing chemical and explosives terrorism focus of INTERPOL training in Georgia
Red Notices 11
ARSEN Age today: 38 years old
TIGRAN Age today: 51 years old