Asia & South Pacific
- INTERPOL Amman
Member since :
Law enforcement services in Jordan are provided by the Public Security Directorate (PSD). Answering directly to the Ministry of Interior, the General Director of the PSD is supported by a Deputy Director and six Assistant Directors who are in charge of the following areas of activity:
- Criminal investigations;
- Operations and training;
- Judicial police;
- Road safety and traffic;
- Administration and planning;
- Human resources.
Under the authority of the Director, five regional security commanders oversea the police activities of the Metropolitan, Northern, Southern, Central and Al-Aqaba regions in addition to the Royal Bedouin forces.
In 2008 the national Gendarmerie forces were transferred to the Ministry of Interior to support PSD law enforcement activities. Gendarmerie responsibilities include:
- Maintaining law and order;
- Riot control;
- Arrest of dangerous suspects;
- VIP and diplomatic protection;
- Supporting other security services.
Royal Department for Environment Protection (Rangers)
PSD’s Rangers unit works to improve the quality of Jordan’s environment. It enforces environmental legislation and promotes cooperation between relevant authorities in an effort to increase national support and advocacy for environmental issues.
- International police and information division;
- Arab police and pursuit division;
- International cooperation section.
The INTERPOL National Central Bureau (NCB) for Jordan is a key part of the Public Security Directorate’s Arab and International Police Department (AIPD): the exclusive platform which links Jordanian law enforcement agencies to their counterparts worldwide.
To help protect lives, property and provide security by enhancing police cooperation through INTERPOL, Arab Interior Ministry council and other strategic channels. To enhance staff performance through the use of modern technology and techniques with a view to achieving strategic objectives and customer satisfaction.
- Boosting security at international, Arab and regional levels;
- Protecting and maintaining homeland security;
- Maintaining the security and safety of all citizens, preserving their rights and property, and protecting people from danger;
- Preventing, detecting and investigating crime in all its forms;
- Protecting and maintaining a secure environment in an effort to encourage investments and sustainable development;
- Developing and improving services provided to judicial and security authorities in fighting cross-border crime.
Red Notices 20
BHARANIDHARAN Age today: 43 years old
SAHAN MADUSANKA KEERTHIRATNA Age today: 29 years old
Nationality: Sri lanka
Yellow Notices 11
YOUSEF MAHMOUD MOHD Age today: 30 years old
ADAM ABDALLAH Age today: 7 years old
Nationality: United states , Jordan