Asia & South Pacific
- INTERPOL Bagdad
Member since :
27 September 1967
Law enforcement services in Iraq are provided by the Ministry of Interior which is responsible for national security.
- Maintain security and public order;
- Safeguard public and private property;
- Prevent, detect and investigate crime;
- Prosecute criminals;
- Fight terrorism;
- Fight corruption;
- Ensure human rights are respected.
National law enforcement bodies:
- The Under-Secretariat of Administrative and Financial Affairs (administrative, financial, training and infrastructure support services);
- The Under-Secretariat of Police Affairs (regional security and law enforcement);
- The Under-Secretariat of Federal Security Affairs;
- The Under-Secretariat of Federal Investigation and Intelligence;
Ministry of Interior :
- Arab and International Police Directorate;
- Council of Arab Ministers of Interior Communications Division.
- Ministry of Interior :
The INTERPOL National Central Bureau (NCB) for Iraq is part of the Arab and International Police Directorate. It is staffed by police and civilian officials qualified in policing, computer sciences, management, languages, engineering or law.
INTERPOL Baghdad is the exclusive channel linking Iraq’s Ministry of Interior with international law enforcement bodies. One of its highest priorities is to facilitate the exchange of criminal and judicial information between INTERPOL member countries and domestic law enforcement bodies and investigation units.
INTERPOL Baghdad is in charge of processing Iraq’s extradition requests using INTERPOL’s secure police communications system (I-24/7).
Principal domestic law enforcement partners:
- Higher Judicial Council;
- Ministry of Justice (Central Shura Council, Judiciary Relations Department, Prisons);
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs ;
- Ministry of Culture ;
- Heritage Foundation.
Transnational threat of foreign fighters requires global response, INTERPOL Chief tells Baghdad conference
Red Notices 56
BHASHAR Age today: 44 years old
HASSAN Age today: 62 years old