Asia & South Pacific
- INTERPOL Dhaka
Member since :
14 October 1976
To provide services to all citizens and make Bangladesh a better and safer place to live and work
- To uphold the rule of law;
- To ensure the safety and security of citizens;
- To prevent and detect crime;
- To bring offenders to justice;
- To maintain peace and public order.
With a force of more than 155,809 men and women, the Bangladesh Police is the country’s national police organization. Specialized units include:
- Criminal Investigation Department;
- Special Branch;
- Armed Police Battalion;
- Rapid Action Battalion;
- Industrial Police;
- Highway Police;
- Railway Police.
National training institutions include:
- Police Staff College;
- Bangladesh Police Academy;
- Police Training Centers;
- Special Branch Training School;
- Detective Training School;
- Traffic Driving School;
- Police Special Training Schools,
- Traffic Training Schools.
The INTERPOL National Central Bureau (NCB) for Bangladesh is located at the Police Headquarters in Dhaka.
- One Head of NCB;
- One National Security Officer;
- One INTERPOL Contact Officer;
- Nine other staff.
- Facilitate cross-border police cooperation;
- Support and assist all organizations, authorities, agencies and services whose mission it is to prevent or fight crime both at national and international level;
- Help the INTERPOL community by sharing Bangladesh Police information on crime and criminals;
- Enable domestic law enforcement agencies to access INTERPOL's databases;
- Provide operational police support services;
- Provide training to domestic law enforcement agencies.
Priority crime areas:
The prevention of transnational organized crime is the NCB’s principal priority, in particular in the fields of:
- Financial and high-tech crime;
- International fugitives;
- Public safety and terrorism;
- Trafficking in human beings;
INTERPOL Dhaka has arranged for the following national law enforcement units to have direct access to INTERPOL's databases of wanted criminals, stolen passports and stolen vehicles:
- Special Branch Headquarters;
- Immigrations Services at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport, Dhaka;
- Immigrations Services at Shah Amanat International Airport, Chittagong;
- Immigrations Services at Benapole Land Port, Jessore.
Red Notices 61
OMAR FARUQUE Age today: 42 years old
TOWFIQUE Age today: 40 years old
Yellow Notices 5
SAHED Age today: 20 years old
MUSTAK AHMED Age today: 34 years old