- INTERPOL Harare
Member since :
13 November 1980
The Zimbabwe Republic Police (ZRP) is committed to providing:
- The most effective and efficient service;
- Professionalism in dealing with the public;
- Accountability and transparency in operations;
- Diligence and courtesy in the discharge of duties;
- Honesty and integrity.
- Preserve internal security and maintain law and order;
- Protect life and property;
- Preserve peace;
- Prevent and detect crime;
- Apprehend offenders;
- Suppress civil commotion and disturbance.
Headed by a Commissioner General, the ZRP is part of the Ministry of Home Affairs. The Commissioner’s offices are situated at the Police General Headquarters in the capital Harare.
The INTERPOL National Central Bureau (NCB) for Zimbabwe is part of the ZPR’s Criminal Investigation Department. All staff members at INTERPOL Harare are police detectives.
- Provide a reliable, efficient and effective coordination and liaison platform between the ZPR and the INTERPOL community in carrying out international investigations;
- Promote INTERPOL and its services to the local police and other law enforcement agencies so that INTERPOL initiatives are maximized;
- Effectively train staff to enable them to perform their tasks to the best of their ability.
INTERPOL Harare desks:
- Registry (management of all NCB records);
- Environmental, Minerals and Precious Stones, Anti-Stock Theft;
- Drugs and Economic Crimes and Stolen Works of Art;
- Fugitives and Foreign Nationals;
- Motor Vehicles;
- Intelligence and Organized Crime (including terrorism and crimes against human beings).
The NCB has its own qualified trainers whose primary responsibility is to ensure new staff members have the knowledge, attitudes and skills required to carry out their duties efficiently and successfully. Trainers also provide regular refresher training.
Red Notices 32
Age today: 39 years old
RESINA Age today: 35 years old
Yellow Notices 6
ABEL Age today: 38 years old
TAPIWA Age today: 32 years old
- 12th African Regional Conference - 1993 - Harare