- INTERPOL Lusaka
Member since :
31 August 1966
Zambia Police Service
The preservation of peace;
- The protection of life and property;
- The prevention, detection and investigation of crime;
- Arrest and prosecution of offenders;
- Community education and liaison on issues of crime and safety.
The Zambia Police is committed to providing a high quality service to the people of Zambia by upholding and applying the law fairly and firmly. The force applies proactive methods to prevent crime, arrest those who break the law and take them to court and assist victims of crime through counselling.
The Zambia Police is committed to cultivating rapport and partnership with the community, and pledges to respect individual human rights while recognizing the community‘s expectations and obligations.
The service through this mission will strive to promote and supplement the overall efforts that are aimed at bringing crime levels to their minimal levels.
The Zambia Police Service is part of the Ministry of Home Affairs and is headed by an Inspector General of Police. Its headquarters are in the capital city Lusaka.
The INTERPOL National Central Bureau (NCB) for Zambia sits structurally within the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) of the Zambia Police Service.
The detective police officers at INTERPOL Lusaka work at the following NCB crime desks:
- Economic and Financial Crime;
- Illicit Drugs;
- Intellectual Property Crime;
- Works of Art Crime;
- Fugitives and Missing Persons;
- Motor Vehicle Theft;
- Precious Stones, Minerals and Metals;
- Environmental and Wildlife Crime;
- Human Trafficking;
- Small Arms and Light Weapons;
- Stock Theft.
- To provide assistance to domestic law enforcement institutions by working with partner INTERPOL NCBs in investigating, locating, arresting and extraditing wanted criminals;
- To extend INTERPOL’s criminal databases and intelligence to domestic law enforcement institutions specialized in NCB’s 13 specialized areas;
- To invite domestic law enforcement institutions to participate in any regional or international events organised by INTERPOL;
- To advise, educate and raise awareness on international crime trends.