- INTERPOL Victoria
Member since :
1 September 1977
Seychelles Police Force
To provide a quality police service to the public by strengthening the Force and reinforcing social partnerships.
To safeguard public safety through a caring and dedicated police service founded on a spirit of trust and partnership.
- Putting public safety and service to the community first;
- Upholding the pride and professional reputation of the Force at all times;
- Engaging with the community.
Strategic focus areas:
- National, regional and international security;
- Peace, preservation and crime management;
- Road traffic;
- Public confidence;
- Cultural diversity;
- Organizational development and capacity building.
Headed by a Police Commissioner personally appointed by the president of the Republic of Seychelles, the Force is made up of the following components:
- Canine Unit;
- Criminal Investigation Division;
- INTERPOL National Central Bureau (NCB) for the Seychelles;
- National Intelligence Services;
- Public Security Support Wing (riot and crowd control);
- Regular Police;
- Scientific Support Crime & Record Bureau;
- Tourism Police;
- Traffic Police.
The National Central Bureau (NCB) for the Seychelles is located at the Victoria-based Police Headquarters. It is headed by the Commissioner of Police and is part of the Criminal Investigation Division .
- Assist local police forces in investigations requiring international outreach;
Assist in domestic or international investigations involving the Seychelles and
- Lost or Stolen passports;
- Fugitives and missing people;
- Money laundering;
- Environmental crime;