- INTERPOL Asmara
Member since :
8 November 1999
Eritrea Police Force
The Eritrean Police Force (EPF) is part of the country’s Police and Security Command which has its headquarters in the capital Asmara.
- To enforce and uphold the law;
- Prevent, detect and investigate crime;
- Control traffic.
The INTERPOL National Central Bureau (NCB) for Eritrea is located at the EPF headquarters, in close proximity to all other national law enforcement agencies.
NCB Asmara is the national platform that allows domestic law enforcement agencies to take their investigations beyond the Eritrean borders and get investigative support and input from other INTERPOL member countries. The NCB’s responsibilities comprise:
- Assisting domestic law enforcement agencies in finding international solutions to problems encountered during domestic investigations;
- Working with all other INTERPOL member countries and the INTERPOL General Secretariat in the search, arrest and extradition of criminals;
- Assisting INTERPOL member countries in investigations requiring data and intelligence from Eritrean police authorities;
- Creating and developing policing tools and methodology to effectively analyse and prevent international crime;
- Performing permanent research and analysis about organized crime, terrorism, drugs, money laundering, and keeping the INTERPOL community informed of results.
INTERPOL Asmara is staffed by four EPF officers.