INTERPOL Firearm Forensics Symposium (IFFS)
The INTERPOL Firearm Forensics Symposium (IFFS) is designed for individuals who investigate firearms related crimes, heads of police agencies and those who shape policy aimed at combating firearm crime.
7-9 October 2015, Singapore
This three-day international conference discussed the ways in which crime gun intelligence can be leveraged with the aim of preserving peace through justice.
Aimed at a broad range of audiences, each day of the symposium focused on a different stage of firearm-related investigations:
- Respond and collect data
- Extract and analyse evidence
- Pursue and apprehend criminals.
- Reviewed national and international trends in firearm violence;
- Explored advances in firearm forensics analysis and investigations;
- Recommended international best practices to combat the threat of firearm crimes.
In addition, several training sessions and workshops were available for both users and administrators.
Organized by INTERPOL and Ultra Electronics Forensic Technology, IFFS was a unique opportunity to bring together ballistic experts, forensic scientists, law enforcement professionals, public safety administrators, policy makers and national agency directors from INTERPOL member countries.
For more information, visit: www.iffs2015.com