77th INTERPOL General Assembly
Saint Petersburg, Russia - 7-10 October 2008
News and media releases
10 October 2008
ST PETERSBURG, Russia – Singapore police force Commissioner KHOO Boon Hui has been elected the new President of INTERPOL by delegates at the 77th General Assembly. As President of the Organization, Mr Khoo’s role during his four-year term will include chairing meetings of the Executive Committee which supervises the implementation of decisions taken at...
10 October 2008
INTERPOL elects new President and embarks on ambitious course with launch of Global Security Initiative
ST PETERSBURG, Russia – INTERPOL's 77th General Assembly closed today with delegates electing Singapore Police Commissioner KHOO Boon Hui to be the Organization’s new President.Accepting the four-year Presidency, Commissioner Khoo said he looked forward to serving all of the 187 member countries.'INTERPOL plays a critical role in international p...
08 October 2008
INTERPOL calls for billion-Euro global fund to address modern-day security challenges through its Global Security Initiative
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia – INTERPOL today launched its Global Security Initiative (GSI) at the 77th General Assembly when delegates voted to adopt the initiative as the organization’s platform for 21st century global policing through strategic global partnerships.At the meeting, INTERPOL Secretary General Ronald K. Noble urged governments and the private se...
07 October 2008
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia – INTERPOL’s 77th General Assembly opened with a call for member countries to jointly build sustainable police capacity in order to strengthen international policing across its collective membership, which today grew to 187 after delegates at the annual meeting voted to admit the Vatican City State to the world’s largest police orga...
77th INTERPOL General Assembly Opening speech by Arturo Herrera Verdugo, INTERPOL senior Vice President 7 October 2008 - St. Petersburg, Russia
77th INTERPOL General Assembly Speech given by Mr. Vladimir Putin, Prime Minister of the Russian Federation 7 October 2008 - St. Petersburg, Russia
Other General Assemblies
- 81st - 5 to 8 November 2012, Rome, Italy
- 80th - 31 October to 3 November 2011, Hanoi, Vietnam
- 79th - 8-11 November 2010 - Doha, Qatar
- 78th - 11 to 15 October 2009, Singapore
- 77th - 7 to 10 October 2008, Saint Petersburg, Russia
- 76th - 5 to 8 November 2007, Marrakesh, Morocco
- 75th - 19 to 22 September 2006, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- 74th - 19 to 22 September 2005, Berlin, Germany
- 73rd - 5 to 8 October 2004, Cancún, Mexico
- 72nd - 29 September to 2 October 2003, Benidorm, Spain
- 71st - 21st to 24th October 2002, Yaoundé, Cameroon