- INTERPOL Kiev
Member since :
4 novembre 1992
Police services in Ukraine are provided by the Ministry of Internal Affairs (MIA) which is responsible for the Militia – the national police authority. The Minister is appointed by the President of Ukraine.
- Creation and implementation of national policy on protecting basic rights and freedom;
- Maintain law and order;
- Keep people safe;
- Prevent, detect and investigate crime;
- Protect public and private property;
- Traffic control and road safety;
- Creation of state policy on migration (legal and illegal).
- Crime Prevention;
- Criminal Investigations;
- Cyber Crime and Trafficking in Human Beings;
- Economic Crime;
- Information and Analytical Support;
- INTERPOL National Central Bureau (NCB) of Ukraine;
- Juvenile Crime;
- Main Investigations;
- Operational Services;
- Operational and Technical Solutions;
- Organized Crime;
- Public Security;
- State Automobile Inspection;
- State Scientific Research – Forensics Centre.
The INTERPOL NCB for Ukraine is a sub-division if the MIA. It serves as the central coordination centre for criminal matters involving Ukraine and the INTERPOL law enforcement community.
It provides assistance to domestic partners in operational and criminal matters concerning violent, property and economic crimes, including people smuggling, money laundering, drug trafficking, terrorism and high-tech cyber-crime. INTERPOL Kiev also serves as the Europol national contact point and the national football information point.
INTERPOL Kiev is staffed by almost 60 men and women, including more than 50 police officers. It has a command centre operational 24 hours a day, and also 27 liaison units in every region of Ukraine.
- Coordination of Ukrainian law enforcement action in counteracting transnational crime;
- Coordination of police cooperation activities between Ukraine law enforcement agencies, the INTERPOL General Secretariat and INTERPOL member countries;
- Monitoring of the evolution of transnational crime in Ukraine or by Ukrainian nationals abroad.
Principal domestic partners:
- General Prosecutors Office;
- Ministry of Justice;
- Security Service;
- State Border Guard Service;
- State Customs Service;
- State Tax Administration;
- Other MIA units.
Boosting border security
To strengthen national security and prevent criminal activity in Ukraine, INTERPOL Kiev arranged for frontline police officers across the country to have access to INTERPOL’s databases. With the support of an INTERPOL project funded by the European Union, officers across the country now have hands-on access to INTERPOL databases. With this capacity, Ukraine police officers across the country can quickly determine if a person is a potential threat to national security.
INTERPOL training centre
In collaboration with the General Secretariat, in 2008 INTERPOL Kiev set up a training centre for INTERPOL's secure police communications system at the Kiev National University of Internal Affairs. This training centre provides a venue for Ukrainian police to continually improve their international policing skills and keep abreast of new tools and services provided by the INTERPOL General Secretariat.
INTERPOL exercise boosts radiological and nuclear terrorism response capacity in Ukraine and Belarus
Le chef d’INTERPOL met en garde contre les menaces « invisibles » pesant sur la sécurité des personnes et de l’économie
Le rôle de l’Ukraine dans la sécurité internationale au centre de la visite du Procureur général à INTERPOL
Une opération internationale conduite par INTERPOL met en lumière l’ampleur du trafic de marchandises illicites
INTERPOL organise en Pologne une formation aux enquêtes sur les incidents radiologiques et nucléaires afin de promouvoir un plan d’action commun
La chasse aux fugitifs internationaux menée par INTERPOL aboutit à de nombreuses arrestations dans toute l'Amérique du Sud
La sécurité des documents de voyage et des frontières à l’ordre du jour de la visite d’un Ministre ukrainien à INTERPOL
INTERPOL salue la coopération entre la police allemande et ukrainienne ayant permis de retrouver un tableau du Caravage volé
Red Notices 160
KYRYLO Age today: 27 years old
RUING Age today: 41 years old
Yellow Notices 55
MNATSAKAN Age today: 22 years old
OLEKSIY Age today: 30 years old
- 33rd European Regional Conference - 2004 - Kiev