- INTERPOL Windhoek
Member since :
4 novembre 1992
Namibian Police Force
"To protect and serve all people in Namibia".
Headed by an Inspector General who is appointed by the President of the Republic of Namibia, the Namibian Police Force (NAMPOL) is part of the Home Affairs Ministry.
- To preserve Namibian internal security;
- To ensure law and order;
- To prevent, detect and investigate crime;
- To protect life and property.
The Inspector General is assisted by two Deputy Inspectors General – one in charge of operations and the other of administration.
- Air Wing Division;
- Anti-Stock Theft Division;
- Commercial Crime Investigations Division;
- Criminal Investigations Directorate;
- Criminal Record Centre;
- Drug Law Enforcement Division;
- Explosives Division;
- Motor Vehicle Theft Investigation Division;
- National Forensic Science Institute;
- Operations Directorate;
- Police Communications Division;
- Protected Resources Division;
- Scene-of-Crime Division;
- Serious Crime Division;
- Special Branch Directorate;
- Special Field Force Directorate;
- Special Reserve Force Division;
- Traffic Law Enforcement Division;
- Very Important Persons Protection Directorate;
- Women and Child Protection Division.
- INTERPOL National Central Bureau for Namibia;
Under the command of the Deputy Inspector General for Operations, the INTERPOL National Central Bureau for Namibia is the exclusive point of contact for all international investigations involving Namibia. It provides domestic law enforcement with access to secure communications with police authorities across the world, and access to INTERPOL’s databases.
INTERPOL Windhoek coordinates criminal, investigative and humanitarian assistance, working with domestic partners such as Immigration and Customs and its INTERPOL partners worldwide.
Four crime desks:
- Organized crime;
- Multilateral and international liaison;
- Violent crime.
- Conduct cross-border operations;
- Fight drug crime;
- Fight environmental crime;
- Fight stock theft;
- Fight trafficking in human beings.
- Fight financial and high-tech crime;
- Fight smuggling and possession of illegal firearms and weapons;
- Fight motor vehicle theft;
- Help strengthen public safety and fight terrorism;
- Help identify and retrieve stolen works of art, cultural property and antiques;
- Perform fingerprint and DNA checks;
- Provide fugitive investigation support;
- Prevent the use of stolen and lost travel documents and fight illegal migration;
- Perform disaster victim identification;
- Perform crime intelligence;
- Perform criminal history and record checks;
- Support border security.
Une formation organisée avec le soutien d’INTERPOL afin d’endiguer le trafic d’espèces sauvages en Afrique australe
Red Notices 5
NICANOR Age today: 44 years old
GABRIEL Age today: 39 years old