Training and capacity building
Group of Experts
The INTERPOL Group of Experts on Police Training (IGEPT) advises the Organization on the execution of its training mandate and promotes INTERPOL's training activities to stakeholders across the world.
Established in 2009, the IGEPT is composed of members from the following countries: Argentina, Australia, Botswana, Canada, Egypt, France, Germany, Hong Kong (China), India, Singapore, Turkey, the United Kingdom and the United States of America.
The IGEPT meets once a year and works to:
- Share knowledge and practical experiences in relation to police training;
- Advise and assist with the financing, organization and delivery of training activities;
- Compile and update training guidelines and make them available to INTERPOL and its stakeholders;
- Deal with any matters that may be referred to it by INTERPOL and develop solutions to problems that have been identified;
- Advocate and support the implementation of appropriate international instruments, such as conventions and protocols, which deal with police training.
INTERPOL International Police Training Journal
The IGEPT publishes an e-journal dedicated to the dissemination and exchange of police research on issues that have a transnational interest. It provides a platform for international training experts to share their knowledge and skills in order to enhance police learning.
The Journal aims to bring relevant outcomes of academic and technical research closer to their practical application and to facilitate contacts and exchange in order to further transregional research.
- Issue 5 – March 2013 [PDF]
- Issue 4 – August 2012 [PDF]
- Issue 3 – January 2012 [PDF]
- Issue 2 – February 2011 [PDF]
- Issue 1 – July 2010 [PDF]
Working Group on Police Research
This working group was created in order to bridge the gap between academic police study and practical policing. It brings together police managers and experts in law enforcement research in order to identify ways in which academic and technical studies can boost policing initiatives on the ground.
Capacity Building and Training directorate
INTERPOL Global Learning Centre
IGLC is an Internet learning portal that brings together:
- e-Learning modules
- Online resources
- Police training websites
- Research publications
International Police Training Journal