73rd INTERPOL General Assembly
Cancún, Mexico - 5-8 October 2004
08 October 2004
CANCUN, Mexico - Delegates at the 73rd INTERPOL General Assembly have elected Jackie Selebi, National Commissioner of the South African Police Service as the organization's new President.A former representative of South Africa at the United Nations, Commissioner Selebi replaces the outgoing President Jesús Espigares Mira, Director of the Criminal Investig...
08 October 2004
CANCUN, Mexico - INTERPOL's annual General Assembly ended with delegates endorsing a number of important resolutions aimed at improving efficiency and cooperation among the world's police as they combat international crime.'We share a heavy burden,' Secretary Ronald K. Noble. Noble told delegates. 'To a large extent, the well-being of society depends on o...
05 October 2004
CANCUN, Mexico - INTERPOL Secretary General Ronald K. Noble launched the organization's 73rd INTERPOL General Assembly with a call for member countries to give more rank and file police officers direct access to critical information in INTERPOL's criminal databases.'Our purpose must be to bring the right information to frontline police officers, in the ri...
Other General Assemblies
- 81st - 5 to 8 November 2012, Rome, Italy
- 80th - 31 October to 3 November 2011, Hanoi, Vietnam
- 79th - 8-11 November 2010 - Doha, Qatar
- 78th - 11 to 15 October 2009, Singapore
- 77th - 7 to 10 October 2008, Saint Petersburg, Russia
- 76th - 5 to 8 November 2007, Marrakesh, Morocco
- 75th - 19 to 22 September 2006, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- 74th - 19 to 22 September 2005, Berlin, Germany
- 73rd - 5 to 8 October 2004, Cancún, Mexico
- 72nd - 29 September to 2 October 2003, Benidorm, Spain
- 71st - 21st to 24th October 2002, Yaoundé, Cameroon