74th INTERPOL General Assembly
Berlin, Germany - 19-22 September 2005
News and Media Releases
22 September 2005
BERLIN – INTERPOL's unique role at the centre of global law enforcement has been significantly enhanced by a series of resolutions agreed on at its 74th General Assembly.Decisions endorsed by delegates were aimed at supporting member countries in combating terrorism and other international crime and to provide a united police response to major internation...
21 September 2005
BERLIN – INTERPOL's 74th General Assembly has adopted a number of measures aimed at assisting the United Nations in its efforts to combat terrorism and the financing of terrorist activity.INTERPOL will create a new international Notice, for global distribution at the request of the United Nations, informing police in member countries that certain individu...
20 September 2005
BERLIN – Ronald K. Noble has been appointed by delegates at the 74th INTERPOL General Assembly to serve a second five-year term as the organization’s Secretary General unanimously.Mr. Noble was appointed to his first term as Secretary General in November 2000. At the 2004 INTERPOL General Assembly in Cancun, Mexico, he was nominated unanimously by the Exe...
19 September 2005
BERLIN - INTERPOL’s 74th General Assembly opened on Monday with a call for enhanced international police co-operation and broader use of INTERPOL’s data and communications services to fight terrorism and international crime.Nearly 600 law enforcement delegates from 154 member countries have gathered in Berlin, making it the largest General Assembly in the...
25 August 2005
LYON, France – Senior law enforcement officials and security experts from around the world will meet in Berlin, Germany, for the 74th INTERPOL General Assembly from 19-22 September, 2005.In addition to focusing on National Central Bureaus and their role in combating international crime, including terrorism, drugs, human trafficking and financial crime, me...
Other General Assemblies
- 81st - 5 to 8 November 2012, Rome, Italy
- 80th - 31 October to 3 November 2011, Hanoi, Vietnam
- 79th - 8-11 November 2010 - Doha, Qatar
- 78th - 11 to 15 October 2009, Singapore
- 77th - 7 to 10 October 2008, Saint Petersburg, Russia
- 76th - 5 to 8 November 2007, Marrakesh, Morocco
- 75th - 19 to 22 September 2006, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- 74th - 19 to 22 September 2005, Berlin, Germany
- 73rd - 5 to 8 October 2004, Cancún, Mexico
- 72nd - 29 September to 2 October 2003, Benidorm, Spain
- 71st - 21st to 24th October 2002, Yaoundé, Cameroon